Written by Debi Hall
Tuesday, 01 May 2007 16:38
This park offers:
- Two seperate areas (one for dogs 20 pounds and under and the other for dogs over 20 pounds).
The following rules are for your safety and the safety of the dogs. Please abide by all posted rules:
Disclaimer: Owners are solely responsible for any injury caused by their dog(s) while at the park. Please enjoy the park at your own risk.
- Park is open from dawn until 10:30 pm. Be considerate of neighbors and park visitors and keep noise at a low level.
- All dogs must be leashed outside of the fenced dog park.
- Owners are solely responsible for injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
- Owners are responsible for picking up and disposing of any of their dog's feces in and out of the park area.
- People without dogs and especially children are not allowed in the dog park.
- Children under 12 should be closely supervised while in the dog park and it is strongly urged that young children not be brought to the dog park at all for their own health and safety.
- No dogs are to be left for any amount of time in the dog park without owner supervision.
- No other animals are allowed in the dog park at any time.
- Aggressive dogs or female dogs in heat are not permitted in the dog park and any dog(s) displaying violent/aggressive behavior should be immediately removed from the dog park.
- All dogs must be up-to-date on all shots and have collar and tags on the animal.
- No strollers, carriages, bicycles, children's toys, food or treats allowed in the dog park.
Directions from Asheville:
Directions from Sylva:
- Take I-40 and then take Exit 27 (no turns) and follow highway 23/74 West to Exit 102
- Take Exit 102, turn right on Russ Ave. (276 South) and go under bridge to 2nd red light
- At light, turn left on Howell Mill Rd. (next to Rite Aid) and go ½ mile and turn right on Vance St.
- Stay straight and turn right just before railroad tracks and the dog park is located in the chain link fence
- Follow 23/74 East to exit 102A and turn right on Russ Ave. (276 South)
- Go to 2nd red light and turn left on Howell Mill Rd. (next to Rite Aid)
- Go ½ mile and turn right on Vance St. and stay straight and turn right just before railroad tracks
- Dog park is located in the chain link fence
Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 July 2009 18:40