Written by Rhett Langston
Tuesday, 12 May 2009 21:00
The commission operated as a policy making commission from 1969 until 1971 when the State of North Carolina officially approved the Waynesville Recreation Commission as a nonpolicy-making commission. The Advisory Commission meets the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at the Waynesville Recreation Center, 550 Vance Street.
If you wish to contact any of the Advisory Commission members you may do so be sending a letter to:
attn: (Name of the Advisory Commission Member)
Waynesville Parks and Recreation Department
550 Vance Street
Waynesville, NC 28786
Members are appointed by the Mayor and the Board of Aldermen of the Town of Waynesville and shall consist of eight (8) members: Kenny Mull (Chair), Michelle Claytor, Don Frady, Sarah Massie, Wallace Messer, Rhonda Schandevel, Scotty Schulhofer, Ginny Boyer and Lee Starnes.
Suggested duties shall be:
• Advising with officials and leadership of recreation
• Assisting in furthering recreation programs
• Understanding all aspects of the programs
• Interpreting the program to the people of the Town
• Offering suggestions and constructive criticism
• Promoting needs and achieving results
• Interpreting the wishes and desires of the citizens
• Stimulating public involvement in decision-making
The last meeting was held on March 13. To review the minutes please click here.
Future Scheduled Meetings in 2012:
- Tuesday, April 10, 2012, at 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 8, 2012, at 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 12, 2012, at 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 10, 2012, at 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 11, 2012, at 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 9, 2012, at 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, November 13, 2012, at 5:30 pm
* There is not a scheduled meeting in December.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 April 2012 13:31